The Benefits Of Hot Yoga
There is much evidence both scientific and anecdotal to support the benefits of Hot Yoga when practiced regularly. Problems of alignment, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, diabetes, heart disease, asthma, insomnia, high and low blood pressure, and so many other medical problems have shown much improvement for so many with regular practice.
It's on its way!
I'd like to send you a valuable gift!
"The Four Life Changing Techniques I Teach To Every Single Yoga Student"
Just enter your email address below and I'll send it directly to your inbox.
For example, Gabrielle (quickfityoga Studio Director) had a moderately severe scoliosis (sideways curvature and twist of spine), which all but disappeared with 5 months regular Bikram Yoga practice.
Some of the benefits of Hot Yoga:
- Works every organ, gland, nerve, tendon, ligament and muscle in the whole body every Hot Yoga session
- Expands your capacity to breathe deeply and fully
- Prevents injury and may prevent or improve chronic illness
- Promotes better sleep, you may even need to sleep less
- Fabulous body toning effects
- Weight loss or gain depending on your body's needs
- Improvement in posture and body awareness
- Improve the healing and regenerative powers of your body
- Improvement in T-cell function and your immune system
- Improvement in your lymphatic system
- Lengthening and strengthening of muscles
- Increased flexibility
- Improvement in peripheral circulation
- Improvement in metabolism / digestion
- Gives the body a cardiovascular workout without negative impacting forces
- Nervous system is exercised
- Endocrine and exocrine glands are massaged and stimulated to better function
- Muscular and skeletal network are enhanced
- Weight bearing exercise will help prevent osteoporosis
- Improves heart and lung function
- Improves back conditions of pain and misalignment
- Improves flexibility of your spine in its range of motion in all directions allowing the improvement in function of your central nervous system. Better nervous system communication means a better functioning body and mind
- Helps cultivate a sense of well being and a more peaceful mind
- Integration of both sides of the brain to improve memory, learning, body coordination and balance
- Builds mental strength and teaches you to hold your mind in a focused and meditative state
You can view some suggested benefits of each of the 26 postures in the Classic Beginner Hot Yoga series on the Hot Yoga Pose Index page. You'll also see pictures of each pose -- which are enlargeable -- so you can get a good feel for how the series progresses.
There is no doubt that practicing this amazing series 3 or more times a week has incredible results that go way beyond the physical!
Disclaimer: The benefits suggested for each posture are based on scientific and anecdotal evidence based on experience with and observation of improvement in many conditions - both chronic and acute - that have been witnessed by medical staff, and or teachers and or students over many years whilst practicing Hot Yoga. They should not be construed as a guarantee that these benefits will definitely occur in all yoga students. Consistent practice will always be the best approach. Use your own body wisdom.
This information is not intended to replace advice from your medical practitioner or natural therapies practitioner...